– Rep. Ryan Warner (R-Fayette/Westmoreland) today announced his staff will be assisting constituents with completing their 2018 Property Tax/Rent Rebate applications at three locations during February and March.
“Many people struggle to pay their property taxes,” Warner said. “The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program provides some relief from this burden for our older friends and neighbors and those with permanent disabilities. I encourage those who are eligible to apply for this important program.”
Assistance will be available at:
- Connellsville Area Senior Center – 100 E. Fayette St., Connellsville; Thursday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, March 15, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saltlick Township Municipal Building – 147 Municipal Building Road, Melcroft; Tuesday, March 27, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Scottdale Library – 106 Spring St., Scottdale; Thursday, Feb. 22, and Tuesday, March 20, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Those interested in receiving assistance are asked to call Warner’s Lemont Furnace District Office at 724-437-1105 to schedule an appointment.
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2017. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
New this year, federal veterans’ disability payments or state veterans’ benefits received by a veteran or unmarried surviving spouse do not count toward the eligible income.
Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30. Rebates will be mailed out beginning July 1.
If none of these dates are convenient, residents may visit any of Warner’s district offices during regular operating hours. The Scottdale satellite office is open on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Scottdale library. For additional information or assistance, contact Warner’s office at 724- 437-1105 or visit his website at RepWarner.com
The 52nd Legislative District includes the city of Connellsville; Dawson, Dunbar, Everson, Perryopolis, Seven Springs, South Connellsville and Vanderbilt boroughs; Bullskin, Connellsville, Dunbar, Lower Tyrone, Menallen, North Union, Perry, Saltlick and Upper Tyrone townships in Fayette County, along with Scottdale Borough, and part of East Huntingdon Township in Westmoreland County.
Representative Ryan Warner
52nd Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tracy Polovick